1. Circle the state of matter of a brick.
2. Circle the state of matter of soda.
3. Circle the state of matter of air.
4. Circle all words that minerals can be.
5. Which type of rock does the following picture remind you of. You can use the word igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.
6. The following footprints were imprinted on a surface which has since been turned to hardened rock. What can you tell about the animal? (How many toes? Did it have two legs or four?)
7. Look at the periodic table and find the following. List the symbols that you find.
8. Why is this statement false?
ROCKS MAKE UP MINERALS.
9. Circle which of the following are minerals.
10. Quartz is a mineral made up of Si + O. Use the periodic table placemat and write down what elements Si and O represent.
11. Dolomite is a mineral made up of Ca + Mg + C + O. Use the periodic table placemat and write down what elements they represent.
ANSWERS: (1) solid; (2) liquid; (3) gas; (4) pretty, crystals, gems; (5) a. sedimentary b. igneous; (6) 3 toes has 2 legs (notice only 2 different prints); (7) Na, H, O, As, B, Si; (8) Minerals make up rocks. (9) quartz, mica; (10) Silicon and Oxygen; (11) Calcium, Magnesium, Carbon, and Oxygen.
[Back to Rock Cycle Grid]