For my eagle scout project, I built a loop from an existing trail. I had a good amount of scouts that showed up and helped me out, as well as a few friends from my school. I would not have been able to do it if were not for all the people that came and helped. Running into a buried shopping cart in the middle was very unexpected and the project would not have been finished in a day if it wasn’t for everyone’s help in removing the cart.
The first thing we did was start to cut up the blackberries since they were thwarting us from getting into removing all the other stuff for the trail. Once that was done I split up the group into two smaller groups and I had them work from both sides so that they would meet in the middle and the work would be done more efficiently. I had two people from each group clearing up the waste that was being removed into the bin, a few people up front clearing the trial and a few people in the middle making the piles so that the other people could clean it up. We used the shears, rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and a couple saws to make this project possible. We worked from 1-5:30 and were able to complete the project in a day. Once the path for the trail was cleared we were able to get the chips and fill up the hole that was made while digging up the shopping cart. Once the hole was filled we covered the rest of path with the chips and evened it out. In the end, it looked flushed with the original trail.
I would also like to sincerely thank Dr. Blueford for providing me with this opportunity to complete my Eagle project.