1. Which of the following is not a component of a galaxy?
2. Which of the following is a group of stars that helps locate objects in the night sky? There are 88 of them.
3. The weight of a person on the Moon is 1/6th of the weight on Earth. This is because the mass of the Moon is much less than the Earth. The mass of Jupiter is much greater than that of the Earth, what would you weigh on Jupiter?
4. Which of the following is not part of the Solar System?
5. Our Sun is part of what galaxy?
6. The Sun emits many types of radiation that our atmosphere protects us from. Which of the following types of radiation would be harmful to humans?
7. The Solar System refers to:
8. Explain why we have different seasons.
9. On which planet would you weight the most?
10. If it is summer in California, it is winter in Australia. Can you explain this?
11. A contour is _______.
12. Write a paragraph about your favorite planet.
ANSWERS: 1.(C); 2.(A); 3.(B); 4.(C); 5.(C); 6.(A); 7. the 9 planets, their moons, asteroid belts, comets; 8. tilt of the Earth's axis; quality of the Sun's rays; 9.(A); 10. tilt of axis of Earth; Australia would not get direct rays and California will; 11.(C); 12. up to students
[Back to Universe Cycle Grid]