4 week unit
1. Students should know the water cycle.
2. Students should understand how ground water
3. Students should understand how ground water is
4. Students should recognize the water need of
5. Students should be able to trace general ocean
6. Students should begin
understanding why the oceans move.
7. Students should understand the
8. Students should be able to
trace the general wind directions.
9. Students should be able to
distinguish different air masses.
10. Students should be able to
read a weather map.
11. Students should be able to understand a
weather satellite photo.
OVERVIEW OF SIXTH GRADE
PRE: Evaluating components of the water cycle.
LAB: Experimenting with porosity and permeability.
POST: Discovering the major waterways.
PRE: Exploring ocean movements.
LAB: Experimenting with the ocean's movements.
POST: Comparing the different reasons for ocean movements.
PRE: Discovering the jet stream.
LAB: Tracing atmospheric winds.
POST: Discovering different air masses in the United States.
PRE: Comparing weather map patterns.
LAB: Comparing satellite photos with weather maps.
POST: Researching books for weather information.
to Water Cycle Grid]