4 week unit
1. Students should know the basic properties of
2. Students should be able to analyze a clear
3. Students should understand the major components
of the water cycle.
4. Students should begin to distinguish polluted
from clean water.
5. Students should begin to understand why the
oceans are salty.
6. Students should recognize that
air is all around us.
7. Students should begin to distinguish climate
8. Students should recognize the elements of
OVERVIEW OF SECOND GRADE
PRE: Exploring the properties of water.
LAB: Experimenting with different soap mixtures.
POST: Analyzing the water cycle.
PRE: Interpreting how water is recycled.
LAB: Distinguishing polluted, dirty, and clean water.
POST: Comparing solvents and solutes.
PRE: Distinguishing air.
LAB: Experimenting with air and water.
POST: Interpreting why water is important in the atmosphere.
PRE: Comparing climate and weather.
LAB: Exploring how topography influences climate.
POST: Discovering the four elements of weather.
to Water Cycle Grid]