4 week unit
1. Students will begin to think about the components of space.
2. Students should have an understanding that living in space is not
like living on Earth.
3. Students should recognize that there are other planets in the
4. Students should recognize that planets, stars, galaxies and Earth
5. Students should recognize that the Earth is
spherical in shape.
6. Students should begin to think about different
places on the Earth.
7. Students should begin to recognize continents
OVERVIEW OF KINDERGARTEN
PRE: Discovering misconceptions of the Universe.
LAB: Comparing size and distances in space.
POST: Exploring the living requirements in space.
PRE: Distinguishing the different planets.
LAB: Distinguishing rotation and revolution of planets.
POST: Exploring the Solar System.
PRE: Discovering the shape of the Earth.
LAB: Exploring mountains and plains.
POST: Observing different landforms.
PRE: Distinguishing between land and water.
LAB: Identifying continents and oceans on a globe.
POST: Exploring the Earth's surface.
to Universe Cycle Grid]