1. Students should distinguish
different shapes in nature.
2. Students should recognize two dimensional and three dimensional
3. Students should identify several tools of discovery.
4. Students should observe physical events that occur every day.
5. Students should realize that technology affects our lives.
6. Students should classify several simple machines.
7. Students should distinguish between artificial and natural objects.
SCIENCE AND MATH
PRE: Describing and comparing nests,
birds, and eggs.
LAB: Describing different shapes.
POST: Exploring shapes in nature.
PRE: Distinguishing different senses.
LAB: Discovering how to use the senses to find new things.
POST: Describing how senses feel.
PRE: Discovering components of the micro world.
LAB: Comparing a microscope to a hand lens.
POST: Identifying tools that help us observe.
PRE: Deriving information from an observation.
LAB: Discovering changes in the night sky.
POST: Describing interactions of the physical world.
PRE: Exploring magnetism.
LAB: Discovering which objects repel or attract each other.
POST: Discovering how electricity is made.
PRE: Discovering technology.
LAB: Exploring different simple machines.
POST: Exploring how machines help people work.
PRE: Exploring inventions.
LAB: Discovering how to invent.
POST: Exploring how inventions may not be useful.
PRE: Recognizing the difference between
artificial and natural.
LAB: Classifying objects in the classroom.
POST: Exploring living requirements of an environment.