1. Igneous rocks are formed when:
2. Sedimentary rocks are formed when:
3. Metamorphic rocks are formed:
4. Fossils are usually formed in:
5. Johnny was walking along the beach and found a rock. The rock had layers and looked like it was made of sand. What type of rock would it probably have been?
6. Tasha went hiking in the mountains. She found a grey rock that had a lot of holes in it. The rock was very hard and no mineral crystals could be seen. What type of rock would it probably have been?
7. Jose found a shiny rock that looked like it was squished. The minerals were lined up in layers. What type of rock would it probably have been?
8. Rocks can be _______________.
9. Fossils represent __________________.
10. Which of the following are examples of crystals. (There can be more than one answer).
For the following, state whether the statement is true or false.
11. ______________ All crystals are minerals.
12. ______________ The three types of rocks are igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.
13. ______________ An element is more than one compound.
Name the following crystal shapes.
ANSWERS: 1.(A); 2.(B); 3.(C); 4.(B); 5.(B); 6.(D); 7.(C); 8.(D); 9.(A); 10.(A and D); 11. False, crystals can be minerals or organic, like sugar; 12. True; 13. False, a compound is more than one element; 14. cubic; 15. rhombohedron; 16. diamond or dipyramid
[Back to Rock Cycle Grid]