3. The force that resists motion of objects on land is called:
4. A book can be pushed across glass with less force than across a bed. The force that causes this difference is:
5. When you throw a ball up in the air, it comes back to the ground. This is because of:
6. Which of the following examples is aerodynamically designed?
7. Interpret the following graph. What point is it trying to make?
8. Gravity affects just about everything on which planet?
9. Motion in the Universe affects:
10. What is the difference between gravity on Earth and gravity on the Moon?
11. To live in space, scientists and engineers must design a living space that takes into consideration:
12. Circle the items that greatly affect a glider.
13. Circle the items that greatly affect an airplane.
14. The motion of fluid includes the study of:
ANSWERS: 1.(D); 2.(A); 3.(B); 4.(A); 5.(A); 6.(B); 7. population increased until 1970 then slowly decreased; 8.(C); 9.(D); 10. there is microgravity on the Moon compared to the Earth; 11.(D); 12.(A,C); 13.(A,B,C); 14. A
[Back to Applied Science Grid]