2. A laser is what kind of wave?
3. Which of the following can the filament of bulb be made of?
5. Explain the difference between light from a laser and light from a flashlight.
7. A child looks in a pond and sees an image that resembles that child. Why can the child see the image?
8. If you shine light in a certain way through a prism, you can get the colors of the rainbow. What happens to the light as it goes through the prism?
9. You look in the mirror and see your image. What is the light doing against the mirror?
10. You look through a clear plastic glass with a spoon in it. The spoon looks bent, but you know it isn't? What causes this to occur?
11. The science of lenses and light is called:
12. Which would be easiest to measure with a metric ruler that is 20 centimeters long?
13. Electric lights, television sets, and electric mixers all give off:
14. Which of the following items would be helpful in detecting the presence of a magnetic field?
15. Which one of the following is not a product of science and technology?
ANSWERS: 1.(B); 2.(C); 3.(D); 4.(D); 5. laser light creates a narrow beam that doesn't diffuse; light from a flashlight is incoherent or scattered; 6.(A); 7.(A); 8.(C); 9.(A); 10.(B); 11.(B); 12.(C); 13.(A); 14.(D); 15.(C)
[Back to Applied Science Grid]