WRITE IN THE CORRECT ANSWERS FROM THE FOLLOWING WORDS:
Mt. St. Helens
- ___________________ is hot, molten, or melted rock which reaches the surface of the Earth.
- Lava that is still deep inside the earth is called _________________.
- Lava erupts from a ___________________________________
- ___________________________________ is a natural volcanic glass.
- _____________________________ is a volcanic rock that is very light because it has so many little holes ("preserved" gas bubbles) in it.
- The state of _____________________________________ is a chain of volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean.
- __________________________________ is an active volcano in Washington that erupted explosively on May 18, 1980.
- __________________________________ is an igneous rock that cooled slowly below the earth's surface. It is not produced by a volcano.
- Most of Hawaii is made of ______________________________ a fine-grained black rock.
- When Mt. St. Helens erupted, it shot tons of powdery ____________________ into the atmosphere.