- Physics (3B)
Where does static
- Hold a plastic comb over confetti without rubbing the
comb. What happens?
- Rub a plastic comb with a piece of cloth. Hold the
comb over a small pile of confetti. Did the comb "attract" or
"repel" the confetti?
- Rub the plastic rods, put it on the confetti. What
- Blow up a balloon. Without rubbing it, try and put the
balloon on the wall. Does it work? YES
- Blow up two balloons. Using a piece of cloth, both
partners simultaneously rub their own balloon; one for 15 seconds and the other
for 30 seconds. Quickly place both balloons on the wall and time how long each
one stays up.
Which balloon stayed up the longest?
- Rub a balloon to produce static electricity. Place one
end of a fluorescent tube to the balloon. Describe what happens.
CONCLUSION: How can you create static electricity?